Do you need a special license to drive a school bus?

Posted by:

Yes, all drivers are required to maintain in good standing a class B commercial drivers license (CDL) with a School Bus and Passenger endorsements. All drivers are subject to drug and alcohol testing. They also need to pass a physical every two years. Drivers receive 30-40 hours of initial training and 8 hours annual training during the year.