School Board Candidate Filing Period - Open May 19 - June 2
There are four school board seats up for election on November 3, 2020. If more than twice the number of candidates file than seats available, a primary election will be held on August 11, 2020 to narrow the field down to eight.
The period for filing for School Board member is May 19 through June 2. Candidate filing packets will be available at the front door of the District Administration Office located at 1201 2nd Street South, Waite Park, MN. The candidate filing packets, along with other candidate information, is also available on the Secretary of State’s website at: https://www.sos.state.mn.us/election-administration-campaigns/become-a-candidate/
There are several ways to file.
- It is highly recommended that candidates submit their notarized affidavit and $2 filing fee by U.S. mail or delivery service. They must be received by the District by June 2nd. They can be sent to:
St. Cloud Area School District 742
Attn: Chris Hatch
1201 2nd Street South
Waite Park, MN 56387
- Candidates may drop off their notarized affidavit, along with the $2 filing fee, in the drop box in the front entry of the District Administration Office located at 1201 2nd Street South, Waite Park, MN during office hours without having contact with anyone.
- Candidates who want to bring their completed but unsigned affidavit to the District Administration Office to have Chris Hatch notarize must make an appointment by calling 320-370-8010. The $2 filing fee must accompany the affidavit.
- Candidates who want to file in person and/or have their affidavit notarized must make an appointment by calling 320-370-8010 to file.
- We highly suggest candidates who wish to officially withdraw do so through U.S. mail or delivery service if possible.
District Administration Office hours to file are as follows:
- May 19 through June 1 from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- June 2 from 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m. (last day to file)
District Administration Office hours to withdraw are as follows:
- June 3 from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- June 4 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (last day to officially withdraw)
Appointments may be made outside of office hours.
Appointments are required to either file in person or have the affidavit notarized.
Appointments can be made by calling (320) 370-8010.
A picture I.D. is required for any candidate requesting their form to be notarized. Please contact Chris Hatch at 320-370-8010 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.