Prairie Fire Play Week of Jan. 14th-19th
DATE: Monday, January 14th
AUDITIONS SCHEDULED FOR
PRAIRIE FIRE CHILDREN’S THEATRE’S
“BEAUTY and the BEAST”
Auditions for Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre’s original musical production of “Beauty and the Beast” will be held on Monday, January 14th at 2:45 in the large gym at Westwood.
Auditions are open to all students in grades 3, 4 and 5. The audition process lasts up to two hours and all those auditioning are required to be in attendance for its entirety. The cast will be announced at the end of the two hour audition; each cast member will receive a rehearsal schedule for the remainder of the week. Everyone will receive a part in the play! A portion of the cast will be required to stay following auditions for a short rehearsal.
Rehearsal schedule is:
Monday, Jan. 14th from 2:40-5:00pm - Auditions
Tuesday, Jan. 15th from 2:40-7:15pm
Wednesday, Jan. 16th from 2:40-7:15pm
Thursday, Jan. 17th from 2:40-7:15pm
Friday, Jan. 18th from 2:40-7:15pm (We will bus the students to the theater at Apollo for our dress rehearsal. You will pick your child up from Apollo!)
The final performance is scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 19th at 11:30am at Apollo High School.
Tickets for the play will cost $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for students and seniors. These can be purchased at the door on Saturday before the show.
This Prairie Fire Residency is sponsored by WW PAW. For more information call Sherri Gallus or Sara Martini at 320- 253-1350.
My child has permission to stay after school on Monday, January 14thto audition for “Beauty and the Beast.”
- I understand that audition will last approximately 2 hours (3:00-5:00). Students will have a short break and SOME actors will be asked to stay one hour later to begin rehearsal for their role.
- Parents will pick up their child in the large gym each day. Students will NOT be dismissed until a parent/guardian arrives to check them out with the coordinators.
- We learn this play in one week only, so it is very important that every student is in attendance for every rehearsal. These will be after school from 2:45 to 7:00 on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- If your child is sick enough to miss school, please keep them home. Call to let us know. Other absences will not be excused, so please adjust schedules for this week.
- Actors will have a short break each evening. Please help them remember to bring a healthy snack and water each day. They work hard and need this nourishment.
- Mark your calendars now! The students will have one public performance on Saturday, Jan. 19that 11:30am in the theater at Apollo High School. Invite your family, friends, neighbor, co-workers, EVERYONE!
- Tickets for the play will cost $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for students and seniors. These can be purchased at the door on Saturday.
- There is a participation fee of $20.00 for all students in the show. Participation fees will be due by Wednesday, Jan. 16th. This helps us pay for the many expenses beyond our sponsorship from PAW.