Welcome to Health Services
To strengthen and facilitate the educational process by providing and overseeing health-related services, promoting health education, and working to insure a safe and healthful environment by modifying health-related barriers.
Health Care for Students
Nursing Services manages the health needs of students at our public and non-public schools within District 742. Ten licensed school nurses provide an array of services including:
- vision screening in grades one, three and five
- hearing screening in grades one and three
- medication management
- support with special health care needs
- development/implementation of health care plans
- first-aid and illness management
- day to day duties are delegated to health paraprofessionals and support staff
Health Services in Non-Public Schools
District 742 Health Services also provides support to qualifing area non-public school sites.