Community Accountability and Prevention (CAAP)
700 7th Street South
Waite Park, MN 56387
CAAP is a program through ISD 742 for students in grades 6-10 that is an alternative to suspension. We believe it is important to keep students engaged in school. Our program will provide an opportunity for interpersonal growth through skill development and restorative practices to provide opportunities for increased success at school.
Please call or email one of the staff listed below for information about the availability of the program.
Students attending CAAP will have the opportunity to :
- Time to complete school work
- Participate in counseling to individually process
- Engage in community service projects
- Participate in restorative practices and/or conflict mediation as appropriate.
The staff at CAAP includes :
- Joel Stark-Haws, Licensed Teacher, ext. 6260
- Jarek Kunz, Licensed School Counselor, ext. 6223
- Cindy Stang, Behavior Support Specialist. ext. 6260
- Holly Freed, EBD, Special Education, ext 6257