About Our School
As part of St. Cloud Area School District, South Junior High School serves families from the south and east sides of the district, preparing them for future success at Tech High School. South provides a safe and caring climate and culture for sixth – eighth grade students, their families and staff. South is a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports focused school that values kindness, cooperation and community.
South students are prepared and engaged in core curriculum areas as well as classes in art, music, gym and AVID (college readiness). Through the technology initiative, all students receive a personal learning device to enhance digital citizenship and learning. South also offers Accelerated Math and Advanced Language Arts to inspire high achievement. In addition, South hosts the middle school Spanish Immersion program. South offers a wide range of extracurricular options, both in athletics and activities, including Future Problem Solvers, We Act, Drama and Robotics.
South inspires students through community partnerships such as Bigs on Campus at St. Cloud State University and through hands-on learning such as the STEM Field Experience.
Grades Served: 6 - 8
School Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Brochures & Documents
- South Brochure
- Code of Conduct: Rights & Responsibilities
- Middle Level Guide
- Photo and Media Release
- Student Handbook
- Title I - Engagement Plan
- Title I Family-School Compact for Achievement - English
- Title I Family-School Compact for Achievement - Somali
- Title I Family-School Compact for Achievement - Spanish
- 742 Together: South Jr. High Presentation 2022 (Video)
- 742 Together: South Jr. High Presentation 2022 (PDF)
- South Be the Difference Presentation 2021 (Video)
- South Be the Difference Presentation 2021 (PDF)
- South Proud Presentation 2017-18 (Video)
- South Proud Presentation 2017-18 (PDF)
- South Proud Presentation 2016-17 (Video)
- South Proud Presentation 2016-17 (PDF)