ST CLOUD AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT 742 MISSION STATEMENT and CORE VALUES
Our Mission is to create a safe and caring climate and culture in which we prepare, engage, educate, empower, and inspire all learners in partnership with their surrounding community to be successful in today’s and tomorrow’s society.
We believe that…
- Everyone deserves equitable access to the highest quality of learning to maximize individual potential.
- Multiple and differing perspectives contribute to informed decision making and learning.
- We all benefit when communities work together toward common goals.
- Lifelong learning is essential for individuals to shape and thrive in our global society.
- The greatest level of individual success is achieved through shared ownership by the individual, families, schools and our communities.
I am Ayan Omar. I am a Somali-Muslim American refugee currently residing in St. Cloud with my husband and two daughters. My narrative includes a recollection of my refugee status, finding hope in literature, and my journey to success. My activism has reached local and national platforms in newspapers, radio, and television: Catholic Visitor, Washington Post, Huffington Post, NPR-This American Life, St. Cloud Times, Green Card Voices, and MPR and St. Cloud TEDx.
I very much enjoy learning and teaching and working with children!
Language Arts Teacher, B.A.Com.
Adjunct English Instructor, M.A
Technical High School
St. Cloud Technical and Community College
“I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world”-Tupac Shakur