Goals of SEL
- Demonstrates a range of communication and social skills to interact effectively.
- Cultivates constructive relationships with others.
- Identifies and demonstrates approaches to addressing interpersonal conflict.
- Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of our own emotions.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal strengths, challenges, aspirations and cultural, linguistic, and community assets.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal rights and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the skills to manage and express their emotions, thoughts, impulses, and stress in more effective ways.
- Demonstrates the skills to set, monitor, adapt, achieve, and evaluate goals.
- Demonstrates awareness of and empathy for individuals, their emotions, experiences, and perspectives through a cross-cultural lens.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect of groups and their cultures, languages, identities, traditions, histories, and values.
- Demonstrates awareness of how individuals and groups cooperate toward achieving common goals and ideals.
- Demonstrates awareness of external supports and when supports are needed.
- Considers ethical standards, social and community norms and safety concerns in making decisions.
- Applies and evaluates decision-making skills to engage in a variety of solutions.