Health, Safety & Cleaning Protocols
Proper Mask Protocol Videos
Screening at Home
Families are encouraged to take temperatures each morning before school. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher should not go to a school site. Students and adults should screen for symptoms using the At Home Screening Checklist. Families are encouraged to refer to the Exposure Decision Tree and Symptoms/Sick Decision Tree for additional guidance.
Arriving at School
- Adults and students will be required to wear protective masks.
- Students will be required to masks before entering the bus.
- Arrival and dismissal times will be staggered as much as possible to avoid large gatherings of people.
- Multiple entrances may be designated for entrance and exit.
- Parents and visitors will have limited access to the school campus.
General Safety Precautions Throughout the Day
- Schools will follow daily cleaning and disinfecting protocols per (MDH) and local public health guidelines, including classrooms, common areas, labs, gyms and playgrounds.
- Drinking fountains will be disabled but water bottle refilling stations will be operational.
- All students and staff will be encouraged to wash/ sanitize their hands regularly.
- Availability of hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout schools.
- Shared materials will be discouraged, but when unavoidable they will be cleaned and disinfected between uses.
- Student traffic flow may be redirected to minimize student gathering.
- Instructional space may be expanded to common areas to provide for social distancing.
- Increased circulation of outside air. HVAC systems on COVID mode.
Other Safety Considerations
- Masks will be worn by all staff, students and guests while on district property.
- Gloves are not required for students and staff with the exception of those conducting the duties of cleaning, first aid or food service.
- Large group gatherings will be limited as determined by CDC and MDH guidance.
Cleaning and Disinfection
Building and grounds, health and safety, and custodial staff have been working closely together to ensure the safety of our students, staff and public. As a result, and based on guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), District 742 implements a four-tiered cleaning response to COVID-19 reports.
Tier 1: Increased Daily Disinfecting
Custodial staff has increased disinfectant procedures throughout the buildings. District 742 has prioritized high-touch areas such as doorknobs and handles, door push plates, light switches, door frames, desks, tables, countertops, chairs, dispensers (soap and towel), faucets, keyboards and mice. In addition, District 742 shall provide wipes (when available), disinfectants and sanitizers. Nutritional Services will be disinfecting the kitchens throughout the food service day.
Tier 2: Building Wide Disinfection with a Suspected COVID-19 Case
If a student or staff member is suspected of having COVID-19 related symptoms, the following response will be implemented: The impacted area where the student or staff member has been will receive disinfection including the prioritization of cleaning of bathrooms, hallways, drinking fountains, cafeterias, kitchens and health offices. High-touch areas will also be prioritized, including, but not limited to, door knobs and handles, door push plates, light switches, door frames, desks, tables, countertops, chairs, dispensers (soap and towel), faucets, keyboards and mice, bleachers, exercise equipment, lockers, restrooms, lockers and more.
Ties 3: Positive COVID-19 Immediate Clean & Disinfection
In the event a positive case of COVID-19 has been identified in a student, staff or public in attendance at that building, the affected area will be closed off and a cleaning team shall be deployed to thoroughly disinfect the entire affected area and any other common spaces that the individual may have occupied. Building and grounds will provide cleaning sprays, disinfectant sprays, spray bottles, PPE (masks, gloves, shields) and Protexus sprayers to disinfect large areas quickly.
Tier 4: Multiple Positive COVID-19 & Potential Building Wide
In the event that multiple positive cases of COVID-19 have been identified in students, staff or public in attendance at that building, a cleaning team shall be deployed to thoroughly disinfect the entire building in accordance with District 742 cleaning and disinfecting standards and in consultation with, and following guidance from, the Minnesota Department of Health.