Open Gym at Clearview, Kennedy, Lincoln, North and South
Looking for a great way to have fun or get some exercise? Stop in and play basketball, volleyball or create your own games. Great fun for individuals, small or large groups and families.
Fees: Students / Adults: $2, or purchase a 20 punch pass for $30. Pass available at the door and may be shared with family or friends. Showers available at North. Do not leave valuables in locker room. We reserve the right to cancel any of the above activities due to low attendance. Closed dates due to holiday schedules will be posted as they become available.
View the Open Gym Schedule.
Open Gym Closed Dates (subject to change):
- Clearview: 12/23, 12/30, 1/20, 2/17, 4/13
- Kennedy: 12/21, 12/28
- Lincoln: 12/25, 1/1, 1/20, 2/17, 4/13
- North: 10/5, 12/6, 12/7, 12/25, 1/1
- South: 10/5
Offered at the following locations starting the week of Oct. 23rd. Register for the Walking Program at the Community Education Main Office located at Quarryview Education Center, 800 S Seventh St., Waite Park, MN 56387. Walking Program fee $10:
If you have questions regarding Open Gym or other recreational opportunities contact the Community Education Main Office at 320-370-8200 or contact:
Dave Twedt, Adult Enrichment Program Coordinator
Walking Program Guidelines
The minimum dose for moderate fitness for women is to walk 2 miles in less than 30 minutes at least 3 days a week, or walk 2 miles in 30-40 minutes 5-6 days per week and for men to walk 2 miles in less than 27 minutes at least 3 days per week, or walk 2 miles in 30-40 minutes 6-7 days per week. The minimum dose for high fitness for women is to walk 2 miles in less than 30 minutes 5-6 days per week, or run 2 miles in 20-24 minutes 4 days per week and for men to walk 2.5 miles in 37.5 minutes 6-7 days per week, or run 2 miles in less than 20 minutes 4-5 days per week. Walking program guidelines at www.isd742.org:
- All walkers must wear their ID bands while walking. Building personnel need to be aware of who is in the building and why. The bands indicate your purpose for being in the building.
- Children accompanying registered adult walkers must also be registered through Community Education and walk with the adult. Unsupervised children will be asked to leave the building. Please keep children with you at all times.
- Please check each school’s map to find out which door is preferred for entrance. Adhere to walking route. At times, some buildings may need to close gates for security reasons altering the route and signs will be posted.
- No black soled shoes. District 742 is not responsible for valuables.