How can parents help their child?
- read to your child often, listen to audio books together, and ask them questions about the story
- play games with your child:
- sing the ABC’s in many tunes
- beginning & ending sounds
- I spy
- identify letter names/sound
- what letter comes before and after
- Decoding Dyslexia MN
- International Dyslexia Association
- MDE: Navigating the School System
- National Institute of Health
- "Fish in a Tree” by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- "Overcoming Dyslexia" by Sally Shaywitz M.D.
- "The Dyslexia Advantage" by Brock Eide, M.D.M.A./Fernette F. Eide,M.D.
- "The Broken Brain" by Dr. Mark Hyman