The purpose of the MN Youthbuild program is to train 16-24 year old youth in construction as well as provide a comprehensive array of services, including:
- Industry-recognized credentials training
- Work readiness & life skills training
- Career planning & exploration, including exposure to union building trades apprenticeship
- Support to attain a high school diploma, GED, or its equivalent
- Leadership & community service activities
- Support services, including support to obtain a driver's license for construction-bound youth
- Placement services 12 months of follow-up services
Khadar - Khadar joined the Youthbuild program to gain knowledge on building and constructing materials. Khadar used to participate in common grounds, student council and robotics club before attending Youthbuild. Khadar has successfully completed three sessions of Youthbuild. He has gained knowledge in science and math during this program. His greatest achievement is mastering machines and learning how machines function. Khadar would like to become and architect with the assistance of his experience at Youthbuild.
Kaleb - Kaleb performed palletized work at Viking Coke before attending the Youthbuild program. Kaleb would like to gain experience in woodworking through the Youthbuild program. Kaleb is currently in his second session of Youthbuild. Kaleb is OSHA 10 certified. Kaleb would like to attend college for architecture.