We believe technology is best used when it supports active learning that promotes our district mission to “prepare, engage, educate, empower and inspire all learners”. Success is defined as the ability to do the following in terms of various foundational skills (eg. literacy, numeracy, scientific literacy, etc…) necessary to be successful in today’s and tomorrow’s society:
- Students are able to communicate through the use of technology with classmates, teachers, and others who can contribute to their learning.
- Students are able to collaborate through the use of technology with classmates, teachers, and others in a more collective environment.
- Students are able to support critical thinking through the use of technology, including higher level questioning around real-world topics.
- Students are able to create authentic demonstrations of understanding through the use of technology that can be shared with others.
We are very excited to see this learning program continue to expand as more students gain access to technology and teachers continue to learn how to best integrate such access into their teaching. As always, we thank our communities for their support.
Step-by-step instructional also available here:
- Step-by-Step Instructions - English Version
- Step-by Step Instructions - Somali Version
- Step-by Step Instructions - Spanish Version
2020-21 School Year Information
To receive a district device, students in grades PK-12 are required to:
1. Have a parent/guardian sign a Student Device Agreement each school year. Before signing the form, please read the full Agreement here. This form is available in Skyward Family Access (under Online Forms) beginning on August 12, 2020.
- Inspire 1:1 Agreement Handbook - English
- Inspire 1:1 Agreement Handbook - Somali
- Inspire 1:1 Agreement Handbook - Spanish
2. Pay any outstanding technology use or damage fees. These charges are listed in Skyward Family Access under Fee Management.
3. Choose to purchase or waive the protection plan. Families will be required to choose one of these options before a student device is issued. If families wish to purchase a device protection plan, it must be done no later then September 15, 2020. After September 15, 2020, families who have not either purchased insurance or opted out will move default to Opt Out with all expectations listed below.
For new families starting during the year, protection plans must be purchased within 3 weeks of their first day of attendance or opt out of the protection plan. To purchase the protection plan, please log in to Skyward Family Access, and complete the online form.
A print version of the agreement can be downloaded here:
Please return this form and any insurance payment (optional) to your student's school office.
OPTION #1: PURCHASE A DISTRICT INSURANCE PLAN
Families can purchase a plan that provides generous coverage for damages (i.e. a first broken screen is fully covered each year, a first damaged cord is fully covered each year).
|Reduced Lunch Status||Free Lunch Status|
|Grades PK-12 (All Devices)||$20||$10||$5|
OPTION #2: WAIVE THE DISTRICT PROTECTION PLAN
If a protection plan is not purchased, families are responsible for 100% of the cost of any repairs/damage/lost devices. Families who opt out of the protection plan will be held responsible for ALL damage to their devices including, but not limited to broken screens, lost/stolen devices, cables, cords, and other damages. To review the various expenses associated with a damaged or lost device, please go to