St. Cloud Area School District 742 Preschool is ready to register your three or four-year-old child in a preschool experience before the big step to kindergarten. We welcome every learner across our community to participate in the preschool program.
Registration begins at the 742 Education Expo on Saturday, Jan. 6 at the River’s Edge Convention Center (9 a.m. to noon), then will resume at school open houses. Mail-in registrations will be accepted after the open house dates. District 742 Preschool classes are located at Clearview, Colts Academy, Discovery, Kennedy, Lincoln, Madison, Oak Hill, Talahi and Westwood schools.
District 742 Preschool:
- provides a nurturing and stimulating preschool environment for 3 and 4-year-old children.
- meets high standards set by the state.
- is a Parent Aware Rated 4 Star Program.
- employs licensed teachers and highly qualified paraprofessionals who are committed to creating an environment which will prepare children for kindergarten.
- is organized to support developmentally appropriate activities where play opens up the world of learning for young children.
- follows the District 742 school year calendar (September-June)
- uses a research-based, state approved, district designed curriculum organized around the Minnesota Early Learning Standards and the Early Indicators of Progress.
- uses Teaching Strategies Gold to assess children’s development and provide ongoing progress to parents during conferences
- family involvement includes conferences, field trips, special events and site council.
Limited space is available in the Voluntary Pre-K program which provides free preschool to children who are 4-years-old by Sept. 1, 2018 and living within the boundaries of Discovery, Lincoln and Talahi schools.
Scholarships and financial assistance are available to qualifying families. For more information or to apply contact Jan at District 742 Early Childhood Education 320-253-5828 ext. 5700.
Visit our schools, meet our teachers and register for fall preschool at open house! Locations and dates are listed below.