Spanish Immersion Program
Clearview Elementary hosts the Spanish Immersion program for students in grades K-5.
- Grades K-5: Students are taught math, science, social studies, language arts and health in Spanish, based on the Minnesota State Standards.
- Grades 3-5: Students receive formal English instruction. Many students exceed non-immersion students in their English language arts skills by the end of 5th grade.
- Research has consistently shown that immersion students do as well or better than comparable non-immersion students on measures of verbal and mathematical skills.
Clearview Elementary School
7310 Highway 24, Clear Lake, MN 55319
South Junior High School hosts the Spanish Immersion program for students in grades 6-8.
- Grade 6: Students take Spanish Immersion Language Arts, Spanish Immersion Social Studies and Spanish Immersion Science.
- Grades 7-8: Students take Spanish Immersion Language Arts and Spanish Immersion Social Studies.
- Grade 8: Students have the opportunity to participate in the Spanish Immersion Capstone Trip, a two-week trip in March that immerses students in the target language they have learned for nearly a decade.
- The Capstone trip requires fundraising by the student with family support.
South Junior High School
1120 S. 15th Ave., St. Cloud MN, 56301
The Spanish Immersion students at the High School level are blended into the World Language classes. Many students will be ready for Spanish 4 or Spanish AP Language and Culture.
- Grade 9: Students will have the opportunity to participate in the Spanish Immersion Capstone Trip in March that immerses students in the target language they have learned for a decade.
- Students will continue to work on their proficiency levels with the expectation of taking AP Spanish Language & Culture and AP Spanish Literature & Culture
- Students may also choose to participate in the High School Spanish trip to Costa Rica.
Technical High School
233 S. 12th Ave., St. Cloud MN, 56301