Spanish Dual Language Immersion Program
Spanish Dual Language at Clearview and Westwood Schools
The Spanish Dual Language Immersion program will be an 80/20 delivery model. This means that language arts, math, social studies and science will be taught in Spanish. English Language Arts will also be taught daily. Music, Art and PhyEd are all delivered in English.
Clearview Elementary School
7310 Highway 24, Clear Lake, MN 55319
Westwood Elementary School
5800 Ridgewood Road, St. Cloud, MN 56303
Current Grade 6-12 Students:
South Junior High School hosts the Spanish Immersion program for students in grades 6-8.
- Grades 6-8: Students take Spanish Immersion Language Arts and Spanish Immersion Social Studies.
- Grade 8: Students have the opportunity to participate in the Spanish Immersion Capstone Trip, a two-week trip in March that immerses students in the target language they have learned for nearly a decade.
- The Capstone trip requires fundraising by the student with family support.
South Junior High School
1120 S. 15th Ave., St. Cloud MN, 56301
Tech High School hosts the Spanish Immersion program for students in grades 9-12. The Spanish Immersion students are blended into the World Language classes.
- Grade 9 Spanish Immersion: Students will take the Spanish pre-AP course, Spanish 4.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in the Spanish Immersion Capstone Trip in March that immerses students in the target language they have learned for a decade.
- Grade 10 Spanish Immersion: Students will continue to work on their proficiency levels with the expectation of taking AP Spanish Language & Culture
- Grade 11 Spanish Immersion. Students continue with AP Spanish Literature & Culture.
- Grade 12: PSEO at St. Cloud State university. Students may take courses at the 300-level.
In grades 10 – 12, Spanish Immersion students may also choose to participate in the High School Spanish trip to Costa Rica.
Technical High School
4200 33rd St. S, St. Cloud, MN 56301