College and Career Pathways
The vision of Career and College Academies is to create learning pathway opportunities for all students leading to a successful post-secondary educational experience and/or a career. Students will discover and explore their interests and become equipped with the knowledge, skills, dispositions and confidence necessary to successfully complete post-secondary training, resulting in a career path of their choice.
Use the links on the left to explore these programs. Click HERE to view our Post Secondary Success brochure.
Why Career Academies?
- It creates a smaller sense of community with learners of similar interests.
- It highlights relevancy of every content within a career pathway.
- It allows for engagement of community and industry partnerships, surrounding students with support in and out of school.
College & Career Planning Links
- Affordable Colleges Online - ACO creates in-depth resources that address topics, questions and concerns related to higher education with an eye on affordability and accreditation. Resources include comprehensive guidebooks, student interviews, user-friendly search tools, federal datasets and other materials created and vetted by experts in their fields.
- Minnesota Department of Education-College and Career Planning Resources All Minnesota students need to be prepared to move successfully from middle school to high school and into an increasingly wide array of post secondary options. Check out the link above to see what resources the Minnesota Department of Education has to offer.
Talk to your School Counselor for additional information on becoming Career and College Ready!