Physical Education Curriculum Grades 9-12
Physical Education and health are an important part of District 742. There are six integral categories for curriculum.
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Demonstrate understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies and tactics as they apply to learning performance of physical activities.
- Participate regularly in physical activity.
- Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of fitness.
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior in physical activity settings.
- Value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.