I am excited to work with the orchestras at Apollo High School this year! I'm looking forward to a year of learning songs and skills, learning more about the groups at Apollo, and of course, making music! Before the beginning of school, please do check to make sure that you have an instrument, bow, and case in good working condition; a cleaning cloth and a functional piece of rosin; and any accessories that are expected to accompany your instrument such as a shoulder rest.
- You will NOT need your instruments for the demonstration day for 9th graders and students new to school.
- Please DO bring instruments (violins and violas) in on your first full day of school, and we will assign instrument lockers as well as school cellos and basses that day!
If you have orchestra questions, please feel free to either email me or stop by during the Apollo open house evening before school starts. Otherwise, I will see you the first week of school to kick off a great year of music-making!
Middle School Orchestra: Please do bring your instruments and books to the first day of orchestra class - we will make music right away! If you remember your instrument locker number from last year, you should be able to use the same one when you get to school.
5th Grade Beginning Orchestra: I will be coming around to your classrooms during the first week of school with more information and to check for instrument sizes. You will complete the paperwork for using an instrument at Instrument Night!
- Clearview 5th Grade Orchestra: please attend the Southside Instrument Night at Talahi on Tuesday, September 11th, between 4:00 and 6:30 pm.
- Kennedy 5th Grade Orchestra: please attend the Northside Instrument Night at Discovery on Thursday, September 13th, between 4:00 and 6:30 pm.
Lessons begin next week, starting on Monday, September 19th!
- 5th graders should have received a rough draft lessons schedule last week. Many will be getting updated schedules this week as paperwork continues to come in from students, families, and rentals.
- Middle School Orchestra Students - you can find your new, updated, revised schedules (green for 7th/8th, gold for 6th) outside the orchestra room door! Lessons begin on a rotating basis this week. Please bring your iPads and agendas to class Monday morning so we can put your lesson days and times for September into your schedules.
If you have any questions regarding orchestra lessons, please don't hesitate to email me at email@example.com.