Special Education Strategic Objective, Core Values, Strategies, and Goals
The Student Services/Special Education Department provides services and supports which enable children to access core and specialized instruction.
- We Believe in Children
We believe that all children with disabilities deserve respect; by inspiring individual potential we create life-long learners who contribute to society.
- High Quality Instruction
We believe that recruitment and retention of high quality instructors who are responsive, innovative, and creative, is essential for transformative change that results in student success.
We believe that quality programming is centered on the whole child and is dynamic and engaging; providing access to core while also supporting individual needs in a culturally responsive manner.
We believe… Equitable and appropriate resources including technology, core & specialized curriculum as well as accompanying professional development are essential for a quality special education program.
- Engagement of Family, Team, Community
We believe when families, school teams and the community are engaged in the education of our students with disabilities they will achieve to their fullest potential.
- Provide on-going professional development for all licensed and non-licensed staff to ensure instruction and programming throughout the department to achieve our mission and strategic objectives.
- Align departmental systems and partnerships to achieve our mission and strategic objectives.
- We will welcome and engage students, families, employees and communities to collaboratively achieve our mission and strategic objectives.
- All stakeholders collaborate to develop and implement universal design for learning to achieve our mission and strategic objectives.
- Develop higher expectations for students; ambitious, but achievable IEP goals.
- Close the achievement gap for students with disabilities.
- Provide greater access, involvement, and progress in universal instruction, school activities, and school community.
- Instill resiliency and self-determination that supports independence in the community for life after school.
- Provide all students access to grade level core instruction.
- Increase the number of students graduating with a regular diploma and the skills needed for college and career readiness.
- Provide Professional Development to support the unique needs of all teachers and service providers.
- Provide students specialized instruction to scaffold access to core curriculum.
- We Believe in Children