Substitute Information - Teacher / Para
Thank you for your interest in joining our team of Substitute Teachers and Paraprofessionals!
The St. Cloud Public Schools have partnered with Teachers On Call to provide substitute teachers and paraprofessionals work assignments on an on-call basis. Please visit http://www.teachersoncall.com to complete an online application for employment. Please contact TOC directly at 1-855-346-1650 with questions and for more information.
If you have already applied with Teachers On Call in a neighboring district, you need not reapply. Simply contact Teachers On Call to advise that you would like access to substitute opportunities in St. Cloud as well!
To qualify for a Substitute Teacher position, you must have a valid Minnesota teaching license in any content area OR a valid Minnesota short call sub license. You must hold a minimum of a BA/BS college degree in order to obtain a Minnesota short call sub license.
The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) is responsible for issuing all teaching licenses. To apply for a teaching license and/or licensure questions, please contact the MDE office, 651-582-8691 or http://education.state.mn.us.
To qualify for a Paraprofessional position, you must be Highly Qualified by one of the following standards (links provided for HQ details):
- 60 semester college credits with a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- ParaPro exam (passing score of 460 or higher, http://www.ets.org)
- Portfolio (Para elink completion of modules with accompanying portfolio documenting competencies, http://www.ici.umn.edu/elink/index.html)
Substitute Teacher rate:
- $100 full day (4 hours and 15 minutes or more)
- $50 half day (4 hours or less)
- $120 full day/$60 half day (daily rate increases after completing District 74 substitute teacher workshops, dates to be determined)
District 742 retired teachers:
- $130 full day (4 hours and 15 minutes or more)
- $65 half day (4 hours or less)
Paraprofessional sub rate: