Community Education Advisory Council
On behalf of St. Cloud Area School District 742, we are always looking for members to serve on a future District 742 Community Education Advisory Council. We are seeking a broad-based membership that best reflects our communities. We are also looking to this group to provide council on a number of important topics, issues, and ideas.
One of our goals is to have a group of committed community members that agree to follow a set of meeting protocols, and are able to attend meetings on a regular basis.
The mission of the St. Cloud Community Education Advisory Council is to:
- Identify and assess community needs and interests within St. Cloud Area School District 742 relating to Community Education;
- Identify available and potential resources to meet community needs and interests;
- Help to avoid the duplication of community programs, services, and activities;
- Provide input and feedback on the goals, objectives and development of the Community Education Department;
- Provide input and feedback on the development of the annual Community Education budget, as well as monitor the general financial status of the Department;
- Increase and improve communication between Community Education and residents, staff, organizations, agencies, businesses, and schools within St. Cloud Area School District 742;
- Promote the community education philosophy of citizen involvement and lifelong learning to the residents, staff, organizations, agencies, businesses and schools within St. Cloud Area School District 742;
- Assist with the evaluation of the Community Education Department as well as within specific program areas;
- Identify opportunities for Community Education Advisory Council members to further their knowledge of Community Education through participation and in-service training.
If you are interested in being considered for membership in 2018-19, please fill out an online application or print and complete the paper application and mail to Jean Borgmann at Community Education Quarryview Education Center, 800 S. Seventh St., Waite Park, MN 56387 or fax to 320-370-8218. For assistance please call 320-370-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering this leadership opportunity and for making an impact on our programs!