St. Cloud Area School District 742 provides talent development programming in fulfillment of the district mission and core belief that everyone deserves equitable access to the highest quality of learning to maximize individual potential. Talent development programming is an equitable access, needs-oriented program for students who have demonstrated high achievement or the potential for high achievement.
- Talented students are found in all age, gender, cultural, socio-economic and racial groups.
- Demonstrated or potential high achievement includes achievement in general intellectual, specific academic subjects, creativity, leadership, and visual and performing arts.
- Talented students have different educational and social and emotional needs than their peers of similar age, experience or environment.
- Differing levels of academic need require different levels of support. Talent development programming is to be accessed by all students at varying levels based on learner needs.
- Identified students require differentiated instruction and specialized programming taught by staff who receive ongoing training in research-based talent development strategies.
- Talent Development programming requires an ongoing financial commitment to ensure success and sustainability
- Provide a variety of opportunities and programming to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of students who have demonstrated high achievement or potential ability.
- Build capacity in all educators in the area of talent development through ongoing professional development.
- Provide challenging and supportive educational experiences and environments.
- Identify talented students through the use of multiple criteria to ensure equitable access.
- Assess program outcomes to ensure continuous improvement and equitable access and representation.
- Partner with parents and community to support students in reaching their full potential.
Hoagies Gifted Kids and Teens