• My name is Tonya Klug, and I am the Chemical Health Counselor at Tech High School.

    The students can receive services for a variety of reasons. A student may be referred to chemical health as a result of a chemical violation, self-referral, and/or due to concerns from parents, coaches, or other school staff about substance use.  We can provide chemical health screenings and short-term counseling to students in the school setting. Additional referrals and resources are available to the student or families  at request.


    Signs and Symptoms of use:




    Parent Resources: 


    Suicide Prevention Lifeline

    1-800-273-TALK (8255)
    TTY: 1-800-799-4889
    Website: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org(link is external)

    24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call is routed to the nearest crisis center in the national network of more than 150 crisis centers.

    SAMHSA's National Helpline

    1-800-662-HELP (4357)
    TTY: 1-800-487-4889

    Website: www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

    Also known as, the Treatment Referral Routing Service, this Helpline provides 24-hour free and confidential treatment referral and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, and recovery in English and Spanish.